Page title and description
Soups & stews
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 leek, finely shredded
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 600ml veg or chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tin cooked white beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ green (any type) cabbage, leaves shredded
- 100g small pasta shapes, e.g. orzo, or spaghetti broken into small pieces
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- handful Parmesan, grated
- salt and pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Step 1Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion, garlic, leek, celery and carrot.
Step 2Fry for 10 minutes on a low heat, stirring now and then.
Step 3Add the tomatoes, stock and bay leaf. Season and simmer for 10 minutes.
Step 4Add the beans, cabbage and pasta.
Step 5Cook for 10 minutes or so, until the pasta is just cooked and the cabbage wilted.
Step 6Check the seasoning.
Step 7Stir in the parsley to serve and sprinkle the Parmesan on top.