Page title and description
- 3 tart green dessert apples, peeled, cored and sliced thinly
- 50g walnut halves, lightly toasted in a dry frying pan
- 4 celery stalks, peeled and thinly sliced (reserve a few celery leaves)
- 85g raisins, soaked in hot water for 1 hr
- about 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Cos or 2 Little Gem lettuces, shredded
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 5 min
Step 1Put apples in a bowl with the walnuts, celery and half the raisins. Add enough mayonnaise to coat, season to taste and toss well to combine.
Step 2Arrange the shredded lettuce on a serving dish and place the salad on top. Sprinkle with the remaining raisins, plus the parsley and celery leaves.