Page title and description
Cook's notesWe've used Parmesan in this recipe but if you are vegetarian you can use an alternative. Good vegetarian Parmesan can be difficult to get hold of; vegetarian Pecorino is often tastier.
- 1 small to medium Romanesco cauliflower, cut into small florets (use the stalk too, thinly sliced)
- 360g fusilli pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced on the diagonal
- 100g pine nuts, toasted
- 50g sultanas
- zest of 1 and juice of ½ lemon
- large handful fresh parsley, chopped
- handful Parmesan, grated
Prep time: 5 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Step 1In a pan of boiling salted water, cook the Romanesco for 2-3 minutes, then drain and refresh in a bowl of cold water to stop any further cooking.
Step 2Drain again and keep to one side. In another pan of boiling water, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
Step 3Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the Romanesco and fry for a couple of minutes until just starting to turn a golden colour.
Step 4Add the garlic and chilli and cook for couple of minutes more. Add the pine nuts, sultanas, drained, cooked pasta, lemon juice and zest and parsley. Toss together to combine.
Step 5Transfer to serving bowls and serve drizzled with a olive oil and some grated Parmesan.