Page title and description
- 100g red lentils⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 onion, peeled & finely diced ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 15g coriander, leaves removed & stalks chopped⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 150g black rice, rinsed in a sieve ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & chopped ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 3 chillies, deseeded & finely chopped (or leave the seeds in for more heat) ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 125g cherry tomatoes, quartered ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 dhansak spice mix (1 tbsp curry powder, 1 tsp garam masala) ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tin coconut milk ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 sweetcorn cob (peeled and kernels removed)
- 15g chervil, roughly chopped⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 175ml yogurt⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 60g mango chutney ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 150g baby spinach⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 lime
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 40 min
Step 1Put the lentils in a heatproof bowl or saucepan. Cover with boiled water & set aside.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Step 2Transfer the black rice to a medium saucepan, cover with boiling water & add a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil then then simmer for approx. 25-30 mins until tender.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Step 3Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large saucepan. Gently fry the onion & coriander stalks for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
Step 4Add the garlic, dhansak spice mix & some of the chilli (add to your taste) to the onion. Stir for 2 mins. Add coconut milk. Drain the lentils into a sieve, rinse then add them too. Bring to a low boil then let it simmer for 10 mins.
Step 5Stir the sweetcorn, tomatoes & chutney into the lentils. Simmer for 5-8 mins, until the lentils are soft.
Step 6In handfuls, stir the spinach into the lentils until wilted. Drain the rice. Stir ¾ of the coriander leaves into the curry. Season & add lime juice, to taste.
Step 7Mix the chervil & yogurt in a small bowl, adding a pinch of salt to taste.
Step 8Serve the curry with rice, yogurt, remaining coriander & some extra chilli if you like.