Page title and description
- 1 marrow
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 anchovies (optional)
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp cooked Puy lentils
- small bunch spinach or chard, cooked (optional)
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, shredded
- 1 tbsp Parmesan, grated (optional)
- salt and pepper
Prep time: 5 min
Cooking time: 55 min
Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
Step 2Cut the marrow in half length-ways, drizzle it with olive oil and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until it is cooked through and starting to brown. Scoop out the seeds and season the marrow.
Step 3Meanwhile, heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan, add the onion and cook gently for about 10 minutes, until softened. Add the red pepper and garlic and cook for 15 minutes.
Step 4Add the anchovies, if using, and the chopped tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes until the tomatoes have reduced and thickened.
Step 5Stir in the cooked lentils and the spinach or chard, if using, and season to taste.
Step 6Spoon the mixture into the marrow and sprinkle with the feta cheese, basil and Parmesan. Return to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.