Page title and description
Cook's notesPear and apple would work well too.
For the frangipane
- 200g sugar⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 125ml extra virgin olive oil⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 125g flour⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 75g ground almonds⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 5g baking powder⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 150g gram flour ferment (see below)
- 3g salt⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Fruit for decoration (blueberries, frozen summer berries, slices of pear)
For the gram flour ferment
- 60g gram flour
- 90ml water
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 40 min
For the gram flour ferment⠀⠀⠀⠀
Step 1Mix the gram flour (60g) and water (90ml) together. Leave overnight.⠀⠀
For the frangipane:⠀⠀⠀⠀
Step 1Preheat your oven to 160°C.
Step 2Combine the ferment mix with the sugar, add the olive oil slowly to emulsify.
Step 3Mix in the dry ingredients.
Step 4Pour into a lined cake tin and press in figs or other soft fruit on top of the mixture.
Step 5Bake at 160°C/Gas mark 3 for 40 mins until you the sponge is golden and dotted with sweet, soft fruits.