Page title and description
Cook's notesFor a vegan option, mix the grated radishes and salt together with some herbs and lemon. Toast the bread and drizzle on a little olive oil pile the radishes on top.
For the radish butter
- 200g bunch of radishes
- 100g softened unsalted butter
- flaky sea salt
- 1 lemon
- crusty baguette or sourdough, to serve
- handful of freshly chopped herbs - dill, parsley, chervil or tarragon would all work well
- zest from half a lemon
- a finely chopped anchovy fillet or tbsp of capers
- a few good turns of black pepper
- 2 spring onions or a few chives, very finely shredded
Prep time: 5 min
Step 1Coarsely grate the radishes and then squeeze out the excess water with your hands.
Step 2Mix the radishes into the butter with a squeeze of lemon and a generous seasoning of salt. Mix, taste, and tweak to your liking with more lemon and salt. Add any or all the optional extras at this stage too.
Step 3Pop it back into the fridge to chill slightly before using.
Step 4Slather the butter on to a heel of crusty bread as a snack. Best used on the day of making, but will last a couple of days in the fridge.