Page title and description
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 600g lean pork mince
- 1 lemongrass stem, pale section only, finely shredded
- 1 fresh long green chilli, finely chopped
- 60ml lime juice (bottled will do)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted rice, ground with a mortar and pestle
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, torn
- selection of: little gem lettuce leaves, blanched French beans, radish, fennel etc. to serve
- sprinkling of chopped roasted peanuts or cashews.
Prep time: 20 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Step 1Heat half the oil in a wok over a high heat until nearly smoking.
Step 2Add half the pork mince, the lemon grass and chilli and stir-fry, breaking up any lumps, for 3-4 minutes or until the pork changes colour.
Step 3Transfer to a bowl. Repeat, reheating the wok between batches. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly.
Step 4Whisk the lime juice, fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and lime rind together in a bowl until well combined and then spoon over the pork mixture.
Step 5Add the onion, coriander, ground toasted rice and mint and stir to combine. Spoon the pork mixture among salad veg and sprinkle with the toasted nuts to serve.