Page title and description
- 350g beef mince and 150g pork mince or sausage meat (or 500g beef mince)
- 1 thick slice stale bread, crust removed, soaked in 75ml milk and gently squeezed to remove liquid
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped and gently sautéed for 5 mins
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp Parmesan, coarsely grated
- pinch nutmeg, grated
- tomato sauce, homemade or otherwise
- salt and pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Step 1Mix all the ingredients together, working well with your hands. Form into about 30 small meatballs.
Step 2Brown in olive oil, turn down the heat, wipe away any surplus fat and add your homemade tomato sauce. Simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes.