Page title and description
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp sumac (optional)
- 1½ medium sized pitta breads
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded, halved and thickly sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 Cos or Little Gem or batavia lettuce
- 1 red or mild onion, sliced and roughly chopped
- small handful each mint and parsley, chopped
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Step 1Put the first seven ingredients listed in a bowl with the tomatoes and mix together.
Step 2Tear the pitta bread into bite size pieces and toast in a medium oven for about 10 minutes until starting to brown.
Step 3Add the rest of the ingredients to the tomato in the bowl. Just before serving add the toasted pitta bread.