Page title and description
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- slug of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 300g spicy sausage, e.g. cooking chorizo, cut into thick slices
- 2 tsp paprika (smoked if possible)
- 1 bay leaf
- 250ml stock
- 250g runner beans, sliced
- 500g potatoes, peeled and diced
- glass of sherry or red wine (optional)
- handful fresh parsley or coriander, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Step 1Cook the onion in the olive oil until soft. Add the chopped garlic and sausage, stir briefly and cook until the fat begins to run.
Step 2Add the paprika and bay leaf, stir, and then add the stock. Bring to the boil and add the beans and potatoes. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Add the sherry or wine if using, and bubble for a minute or two.
Step 3Check the seasoning, adding more paprika or garlic if you like. Finally stir through the herbs and serve.