Page title and description
Soups & stews
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- few sprigs of thyme
- 3 carrots, cut into batons
- 2 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 3 courgettes, in 1 inch slices, halved first if large
- 2 large or 4 small potatoes, in 2cm chunks
- 400-500g leftover roast chicken, torn into pieces, or 4 chicken legs, poached in the stock, removed from bone and set aside
- 3 leeks, finely sliced
- 2 handfuls flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- drizzle of olive oil
- juice of ½-1 lemon (optional)
- 1 handful tarragon, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 20 min
Step 1Bring the stock and wine to a simmer in a pan. Add the bay leaf, thyme and all the vegetables except the leeks.
Step 2Simmer until everything is tender but not too soft (about 10-15 minutes). Add the shredded chicken and leeks and bring to the boil.
Step 3Make sure everything is warmed through and that the leeks have softened, then season to taste and add the parsley, olive oil, lemon juice and tarragon, if using.