Page title and description
- 350g very fresh lemon sole fillets or other white fish
- 1 tsp salt
- juice of 4 limes (lemons will do but the result will not be as good)
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped (more if you like it hot)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cucumber, peeled, cut in half lengthways, then deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Prep time: 1h
Cooking time: 10 min
Step 1Skin the lemon sole fillets and slice them finely. Place in a shallow glass or ceramic dish, sprinkle with the salt and cover with the lime juice. Leave in the fridge for 1-1½ hours, until the fish looks opaque.
Step 2Remove the fish from the juices and mix gently with the rest of ingredients in a bowl.
Step 3It's best served straight away but can be kept in the fridge for a few hours.