Page title and description
Cook's notesQuickly stir-frying the celery a little would reduce any bitterness further, if you’re really not a fan of raw celery; just leave it to cool before using, but make sure you keep a little crunch to it.
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 tbsp capers, soaked in a little water
- 30g sultanas, raisins or currants, soaked in a little water to plump them up
- 30g walnuts, toasted & chopped
- Small bunch of leafy green herbs – e.g. parsley, chervil, mint, chives, basil, dill, tarragon, chopped
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Pinch of chilli (fresh or dried flakes) – optional
- Olive oil
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 5 min
Step 1Using a veg peeler or sharp knife, lightly run it down the ridged sides of the celery sticks to destring them.
Step 2Cut each stick into about 4 thin lengths, then finely dice them.
Step 3Drain the capers and dried fruit.
Step 4Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, adding a little good olive oil to loosen the mixture to your liking. Season to taste before serving.