Page title and description
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or use sunflower)
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp dried curry leaves
- 3cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 hot chilli, or 2 medium, chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin (grind fresh from seeds, if you can)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ large or 1 small Savoy cabbage, shredded, tough core and ribs removed
- 50g creamed coconut, grated
- handful coconut chips/shreds, toasted
- salt and pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Step 1Heat the oil, add the onion and fry on a low heat, stirring now and then to stop it catching, for 8 minutes.
Step 2Turn the heat up a little. Add the mustard seeds and curry leaves. Fry for about 1 minute, until the seeds start to pop.
Step 3Add the ginger, chilli, cumin and turmeric and stir for 30 seconds. Add the cabbage, and creamed coconut .
Step 4Stir for a minute or so to combine, then cover and cook on a lowish heat for about 5 minutes or so, until the cabbage has softened. Serve sprinkled with coconut chips.