Page title and description
Soups & stews
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 2.5cm fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- grated zest of 1 orange, plus extra to serve (optional)
- juice of 2 oranges
- 3 medium beetroots, cooked and cut into small dice
- 1.2 litres water
- a little cream or yoghurt, to serve (optional)
- salt and pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Step 1Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry until soft but not coloured. Add the potato and ginger and fry for 3 minutes.
Step 2Add the orange zest and juice, plus the beetroot and water, then bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes, until the potato is tender. Blend until smooth. Reheat gently and season to taste.
Step 3Serve garnished, if you like, with a swirl of cream or yoghurt and a little grated orange zest.