Travelling Events Assistant
40 hours per week
£18,000 per annum
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do at Riverford, and we try to build a long-lasting relationship with each and every one, from the very start of their journey with us. One of the ways we engage with our newest customers is through a nationwide programme of ‘Pop-up Feasts’: inspiring veg-centric meals, dished up in small venues all over the country.
This role is all about taking Riverford on the road. You’ll be getting out there, meeting our customers and hosting feasts. As part of a small team, you’ll deliver these unique dining events in anything from village halls to farm polytunnels. Getting this right gives new customers the best possible start to life with Riverford.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for great customer service, who is looking for a career in events. When you’re not on the road, you’ll work from our farm in Buckfastleigh, Devon, assisting the Events Manager with some basic administrative duties.
A typical feast day…
From Bodmin to Birmigham, Maidstone to Manchester, you’ll travel the country to deliver exceptional Pop-up Feasts to our newest customers.
- Depending on the distance, you might up the day before, or on the day.
- Your venue for the event could be anything from a village hall or community centre to a yurt or polytunnel. It’s for you to turn the space into a Riverford restaurant for one night only – setting up tables and chairs, place settings and decorations.
- Meet and greet each customer as they arrive and show them to their seats.
- Once all 40 guests are in, you’ll introduce the evening and give a short history of Riverford.
- Five generous courses follow, all served on sharing platters to be passed around, and finally pudding. You’ll serve each table and be on hand to answer any questions.
- Once the guests have left, it’s time to clean and pack down before heading to a local hotel for the night.
- The next day you might be on to a second event in the area – or heading home for a well-deserved rest!
Take a look what goes into one of these events here
This is a full-time 8-month fixed term contract. Includes evening and some weekend work. Based out of Wash Barn, Buckfastleigh, Devon, TQ11 0JU
Closing date: 2019-06-28Apply here
Salary information: £18,000 per annum
Role: Sales & Marketing