Travelling Events Chef
40 hours per week
£23,000 to £25,000 per annum d.o.e
This role is all about taking Riverford on the road, getting out to meet customers and taking our famous veg-centric Pop-up Feasts to venues around the country. You’ll spend a good part of your time cooking in anything from village halls to yurts – so you’ll need to be agile and inventive.
This is a great opportunity for a chef who has a passion for quality ingredients; you’ll work with organic produce straight from the fields. Our food is simple, but really tasty – your dishes should be a showcase for the best seasonal veg. We want our customers to be inspired to go away and try something new with their Riverford veg at home.
You’ll use the experience you’ve already gained in professional kitchens to create dishes that fit in with Riverford’s style of cooking, as well as ensuring the kitchen areas remain clean and compliant with health & safety and hygiene standards. When you’re not on the road, you’ll be planning the next set of recipes and placing produce orders.
This unusual, exciting role requires an adaptable chef, ideally with at least Sous Chef experience, who’s happy to travel regularly, and can cope with the challenges of catering on the road. Our events are communal dining experiences, so we’d also love you to be bright and personable, happy to chat to our customers about the meal, and even provide a recipe or two.
A typical day…
From Bodmin to Birmingham, Maidstone to Manchester, our team travels the country to deliver exceptional dining experiences for our newest customers.
- Depending on the distance, you might travel the day before, or on the day.
- Our events assistants will set up the venue from scratch, creating a Riverford restaurant for one night only, while you crack on in the kitchen.
- Once all 40 guests have arrived, you’ll help introduce the evening, running through the menu.
- Five generous veg-centric courses follow, all served on sharing platters to be passed around, and finally pudding.
- Once the guests have left, it’s time to clean and pack down before heading to a local hotel.
- The next day, you might be on to a second event– or heading home for a well-deserved break.
Take a look what goes into one of these events here
This is a full-time permanent contract, but a fixed term contract can be considered too. Includes evening and some weekend work. Based out of Wash Barn, Buckfastleigh, Devon, TQ11 0JU
Closing date: 2019-06-28Apply here
Salary information: £23,000 to £25,000 per annum d.o.e