Email Marketing Manager
40 hours per week
We’re looking for an Email Marketing Manager to join the Loyalty arm of our Marketing Team. The purpose of this role is to maximise the lifetime value, engagement and advocacy of our growing band of customers through email communications. You will nurture customers from the moment they join us, through what is often a long and close (weekly) relationship with Riverford.
Reporting into the Multi-Channel Marketing Manager, the role will manage the Loyalty Marketing Assistant and work alongside the Website Manager.
What you’ll be doing
You will manage the development, creation and delivery of engaging, data-driven, email communications to increase conversion, improve retention and strengthen customer loyalty.
Riverford is embarking on a journey to better serve our customers through best in class email communications. We are about to start a large piece of work to better understand our customer base and inform our strategy for segmentation. This role will be at the heart of understanding these segments and designing a strategy to improve our loyalty and retention.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Plan and deliver data-led personalised email communication strategies encouraging customer retention and customer loyalty
- Working with the Multi-Channel Marketing Manager to develop a strong CRM strategy
- Customer Journey Mapping, analysing touch points with the organisation and maximising commercial opportunities
- Motivate and coach the Loyalty Marketing Assistant to develop their skills, competence, confidence and profile
- Build collaborative relationships with all marketing teams to gain an in-depth understanding of the customer base through insight, segmentation and data analysis
- Analyse and report on campaign effectiveness in terms of traffic, acquisition, conversion and retention
- Develop testing strategies for all aspects of email to ensure the most effective approach for the company and our customers
- Develop marketing automation processes to increase the frequency and relevance of targeted marketing communications
- Create reports and insight from campaign analytics to provide deeper strategic direction for the campaigns
This role involves working closely with IT and Business Intelligence – you’ll be comfortable dealing with large volumes of data and spreadsheets as well as having a good technical understanding of how to build and analyse the effectiveness of emails. You’ll foster great relationships with those around the business to help get the job done.
You’ll know when to draw on the expertise of copywriters and designers, but you’ll always have the first stab at preparing the message ensuring that you portray the brand consistently and in the right way. You’ll need to be proactive in completing daily tasks and managing your time effectively.
This is a permanent contract, 40 hours a week (usually 8:30am to 5.00pm). Based out of Wash Barn, Buckfastleigh, Devon, TQ11 0JU
Closing date: 2020-01-28Apply here
Salary information: Competitive d.o.e
Role: Sales & Marketing