Come and see how and where we grow our veg on our Devon farm. No two visits to Riverford are the same. As the crops change with the seasons, so do our tours.
Self-guided farm tours
Visitors are welcome to come and collect a map and audio set recorded by Guy Watson and take a walk round the farm. We can even lend you wellies! We recommend you allow around 1.5 hours to do the full walk, but you’re welcome to take your time, or trim the route to suit you.
These walks are available anytime from 8:30am to dusk, all year round. There’s no need to book, just drop in to the Field Kitchen. The walks are free of charge. Should you like to, donations to our charity, Send A Cow, are welcome.
There are limited numbers of audio players available, so if you’d like to come in a large group give us a call and we’ll make sure you have everything you’ll need.
Customers that have booked to eat lunch or supper in our award winning Field Kitchen often enjoy this self-guided tour to enhance their visit.
On the tour you’ll see our vegetables growing, clover leys and pasture, while hearing about the thriving variety of hedgerow wildlife supported in our organic fields. Penny will take you to the best spots and share the spectacular views of the farm with you. Followed by a spectacular organic feast in the Riverford Field Kitchen.
- Morning tour 10.30 – midday approx
- Evening tour 17.30 – 19.00 approx. (June – August only)
- Adult £12
- Child £6 (must be over 3 yrs old)
- Family £35 (for 2 adults and 2 children)
Why not experience what spectacular dishes our chef’s can cook up with all the fresh produce you’ve seen growing on your farm tour? Follow your tour with a lunch or supper in The Riverford Field Kitchen and enjoy an organic, veg-centric feast.
- The landrover seats up to 9 people but has only 4 seatbelts.
- Children must be over 3 years old.
- If your group size is over 9 then a walking tour will be offered instead.
- There may be times when the landrover is not available so a walking tour will be offered instead.
- Minimum of £35 spend.
- If a walking tour and not in the landrover please be aware that the walks are family friendly, but smaller feet may find it hard going. We leave it to parental discretion.
- Please dress for weather conditions - both sunny and cold!
To book a guided tour
Contact us on 01803 762074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment is taken on the day in the restaurant.
Mid-week April-October, or all year round from 8.30-dusk for self-guided walks.
Schools and Colleges are welcome to visit Riverford to learn more about farming and food.
Download our farm walk map to help you on your way.
Like to join us in the Field Kitchen? To book for lunch or supper:
Advance booking for the Field Kitchen is essential (even at the very last minute).